Re: /opt/ again (was Re: FreeBSD-like approach for Debian? [was: ...])

Wednesday, September 15, 1999, 12:20:43 PM, Anders wrote:
>  >     Nor is it the case with /opt.

> As long as you don't count the "Filesystem Hierarchy Standard".

    Considering this thread was a criticism of the inclusion of it into that
standard, one cannot count that.  It would be like arguing the validity of the
Bible as a historical document of the life and times of Jesus H. Christ with
someone who is calling into question the validity of the Bible and then
saying, "Well, that's not true only if you don't count the Bible."