BTS question: How to "forward" to an upstream BTS like jitterbug ?

We're supposed to record if we forward a bug report to the developer of the
upstream source package. The BTS assumes that the upstream developer has a
mail address to which the report is forwarded, and the BTS somehow relies on
this address.

Now what if the upstream developer expects bug reports in a web-driven BTS
like Jitterbug ? How can I record in the BTS that I have submitted the
report into the upstream BTS ?

	Gregor