Re: [ITP] TuxNES

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 03:42:49PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> > TuxNES is a fork of the Nestra free NES emulator with some things not in
> > Nestra that Mike (the person who forked it) wanted to add.
>
> Like what? I'm maintaining nestra for debian..

The most obvious thing I noticed was GNU build environment.  He's also
working on the mappers and sound code.  I asked if he planned to maintain
the fork or fold his changes back in to nestra and he hasn't heard back
from the author about it so for now he's maintaining the fork.

If they ever UNfork, most likely the changes will be going back into
nestra.  If that happens before I manage to sit down long enough to
package it, I won't bother.  Otherwise I'll worry about a merge when it
happens---I'm not trying to run off with nestra on you.  =>

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>             Debian GNU/Linux developer
GnuPG: 2048g/3F9C2A43 - 20F6 2261 F185 7A3E 79FC  44F9 8FF7 D7A3 DCF9 DAB3