Re: /opt/ again (was Re: FreeBSD-like approach for Debian? [was:

Tuesday, September 14, 1999, 12:31:46 PM, Sean wrote:
> Ok, so FHS may not be perfect.  Who cares, use it.  A standard is much better
> then no standard.

    OK, so Word may not be perfect.  Who cares, use it.  A standard is much
better than no standard.

> And Steve, if you want to have discussions that is great.  Talking about an
> issue teaches everyone something and we learn to see other people's view
> points.  However, your mails here are increasing condescending and show poorly
> on yourself and Debian.

    If I got real, >technical< answers from people instead of the typical
ideological hype maybe I wouldn't be as defensive about it.  As it stands this
is now at least the 3rd or 4th time I've seen the whole FreeBSD item
mentioned.  I'm getting sick of seeing it.

    Debian is not FreeBSD.

    We do things the Debian way.

    If we wanted to do things the FreeBSD way, we'd use FreeBSD.

    Stop trying to make Debian FreeBSD just because you or someone else thinks
that FreeBSD is the latest cool thing.

    Want me to be calm about it, address the items I have brought forth
instead of rehashing the rhetoric!