Re: Increasing regularity of build systems

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 10:23:50PM +0300, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 11:39:05AM -0700, David N. Welton wrote:

> > Joey Hess' debhelper scripts are a good API, maybe it would be
> > good to standardize on them to some degree.

> No.

I didn't say "make them THE standard", I suggested that it may be a
good idea to have a more standard API to use in rules files, to avoid
too much diversity.  Currently, anarchy reigns within debian/rules,
and it's a pain to work with.

Do you have any constructive criticism, or a better alternative?
Things are a mess right now, although I'll conceed that it's probably
not the biggest of our problems, just an improvement that I think we
could make.

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton            (    Circa mea pectora
davidw@prosa.it            )    multa sunt suspiria