Re: Deficiencies in Debian

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 07:16:51AM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> Can you force that ratio? Can you force people to change the rate at
> which bugs are introduced or closed? No. You can't force volunteers to
> do anything.

You answered your own question.

> Reiterating what you
> would like to see is not going to help find a real solution for dealing
> with a release.

At the traditional freeze time the common developer has much more power
for fixing bugs in other peoples' packages than he has right now at
no-freeze.  If we redefine freeze, we'd better also redefine the powers
of the common developer.

There are many simple bugs out there waiting to be squashed.  It's just
so damn hard to get a fix in that it's rarely worth the trouble.

                                  ""
                             (John Cage)