Re: FreeBSD-like approach for Debian? [was: Re: Deficiencies in Debian]

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 05:33:37AM -0700, Jonathan Walther wrote:
> I would argue that what FreeBSD offers is an extremely well thought out
> system.  Linux is just now starting to learn those lessons.

I have to disagree. The development process may be different,
but what the end user sees is the same. Actually, the main difference
I see is that Debian has a lot of infrastructure ("glue logic" I'd
call it) to turn a collection of packages into an operating system
that FreeBSD does not have. Things like the menu system, doc-base, etc.

But I won't get into an OS flamewar with you. Your comment
just disagrees with my experience. FreeBSD is a fine system, but
I don't believe that Debian is any less fine.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB (ex-VK3TYD).