Re: Debian's problems

On Mon, Sep 13, 1999 at 07:26:54PM -0400, Joe Drew wrote:

> >     Joe> 1) People need direction. Very few are good at leading,
> >     but Joe> many people are good at following directions.

> > There are a lot of sheep, yes... but 99% of the people in Free
> > Software are not sheep (or they'd be using Windows).  So, I do
> > *not* think that most Debian developers are "good at following
> > directions".

> I'm not suggesting that people are sheep. Far from it.

I think what is being suggested is that we need a Linus figure, who
can step in and say yes or no.  I think that that would be preferable
and quicker than the current conglomeration of commitees, policies,
etc etc.

Ciao,
--
David N. Welton            (    Circa mea pectora
davidw@prosa.it            )    multa sunt suspiria