Re: Migrating to GPG - A mini-HOWTO

On Sun, Sep 12, 1999 at 05:20:07PM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> Thank you very much for this bma, I'm working on a much more comprehensive
> HOWTO but then again it should have been done weeks ago and the
> information at least needs to get out there.

I wonder what we're trying to accomplish at the moment. Is it enough that we
are able to verify PGP signatures? Or do we want to be able to sign mail
with gnupg so it is verifiable by a pgp user?

If we want the second way too, we have to set the RSA key as the default
key. While this is not a big problem, it's certainly not a good idea to
have to change this ever so often.

BTW do we need pgp5 for anything? I take it if I manually change my default
key in gpg I do not need pgp 2.6.3 anymore. Right?

Michael

Email: Michael@Fam-Meskes.De           | Use PostgreSQL!