Re: [ITP] TuxNES

On Fri, Sep 10, 1999 at 11:48:46PM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> ROMs are Copyrighted, almost exclusively with a very liberal license (sic)
> such as "All Rights Reserved."  This isn't terribly helpful to us.  =>

        You have fallen victim to a woefully common misconception.
  The only ROM images that aren't legally distributable are commercial
ones.  I'm not too sure about the NES community, but with the SNES and
especially the Game Boy, there's a massive library of homebrew ROM
images out there.  Companies that make flash-ROM cartriges for the
Game Boy even hold competitions.
     Again, I'm not sure about the NES, but it's pretty much a given
that there's SOMETHING free out there.

--
     They sought it with thimbles, they sought it with care;
     They pursued it with forks and hope;