all rights reserved

I've come across the following in one file of an otherwise GPL'ed set
of code:

  /* simple password generator by XXX
   * copyright 1991, all rights reserved.
   * You can use this code as long as my name stays with it.
   */

The file builds into a stand-alone utility which is not crucial to the
package (it just takes a command-line argument and invokes crypt(3),
displaying the result).

I'm worried that this file does not satisfy the DFSG.

Would that restrict me from uploading the entire package source?  Or
only from including the utility in the binary package?

If this is a FAQ, then please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
-itai, newbie