Re: Compare two 'available' files?

On Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 07:16:20PM +0200, Thomas Schoepf was heard to say:
> Hi,
>

> I'm looking for a way to compare two different 'available' files (those in
> /var/lib/dpkg/), say one is for 2.1 and one is 2.1r3. The result should be
> a list of URLs or something similar so that I can download all new
> packages.
>
> Is there a tool that does that?
>

> Thomas

  'debget' might help.  It's designed for situations where the Debian system
doesn't have direct net access.  I've only used it a few times, though (and that
with the Hurd which made stuff a lot trickier), so I'm not entirely sure what
it's capable of..I wouldn't be surprised, though, if it could do this
computation if you need to do more than just download/install packages.

  Daniel

--
  "People would panic?"
  "Very briefly, I'm afraid."

     -- The dangers of colliding with a star examined;
           Terry Pratchett, _The Light Fantasic_