Re: /usr/doc transition and other things

Dale Scheetz wrote:
> It was my understanding that, like the man and info transitions, these
> problems are resolved by giving the tools the knowledge of the dual
> locations. Our current binary dependencie scheme is sufficient to deal
> with "incremental upgrades". Those packages that use the new location only
> need depend on the "fixed" version of the viewer for a smooth incremental
> upgrade.

This was my initial proposal to debian-policy, oh, a month ago. People shot
it down for various silly reasons.

Feel free to adopt it, that'd make me happy. But it has currently *not* been
agreed on, and if the committe doesn't do something to address it, it will
not be addressed.

--
see shy jo