weird hang with latest debian

One of my machines has a weird hang for quite a number of seconds
during boot-up ever since I upgraded from slink to potato this afternoon.
It happened before I upgraded the kernel (from 2.2.2 to 2.2.10-ac12).

It seems to happen immediately after "INIT: 2.77 booting"; the next
thing that comes up is the message from the UNIX domain sockets module,
but as I said this happened before I rebuilt the kernel too. Any ideas
what might cause it? Mildly irritating.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB (ex-VK3TYD).