> > 	http://groundhog.pair.com/bzflag/license.html
>
> >From that license file:
>
> --------------------
> [...BSDish terms elided, including an ambiguous distinction between
> charging money for copying the software and charging money for selling
> the software...]
>
> Modifications are permitted provided that the following conditions are
> met:
>
> [...several restrictive terms elided...]
>
> 3. Redistribution and use of modified source and binary forms are
> permitted provided that at least one of the following conditions are
> met:
>
> B. Use of the modified version is restricted to within the corporation
> or organization that made the modifications.
>
> [...more restrictive terms elided...]
> --------------------
>
> This is far outside the Debian Free Software Guidelines (and of the
> terms of use for the "Open Source" trademark, which is liberally
> brandished on the program's home page).  I'd be surprised if you could
> package the thing without violating its license terms.
>
> Bad license.  Bad license.

Thanks.  I hadn't read the license carefully enough, and assumed
that since the author claimed it is now Open Source....

I'll contact the author to see if something can be worked out,
perhaps a license that even RMS would approve of.  :)

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.xmission.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org