Re: [New maintainer] Working for Debian and becoming a registere

On 22-Jul-99 Justin N. Penney wrote:

> Well I got the phone call about two months ago and have heard nothing since.
> I plainly stated that i agreed with the social contract and that it is also
> my
> philosophy on software. I have absolutely no problems with free software and
> made that a very plain statement.
>
> I have since re-sent my application complete with a PGP signed scan of my
> Missouri Driver's license since I haen't found a developer in my area
> (Missouri, Kansas, or (and i would easily travel) Iowa. My PGP public key is
> on the PGP key servers.
>
> I did everything exactly by the book and have yet to see anything done. I
> realize that the new-maintainer team is busy but seriously, it's been almost
> four moths since my initial application. I have packages completely ready for
> upload, some updates to packages by other maintainers and a driving desire to
> participate.

This is what I call frustration. :|

> As far as the "sponsor" idea proposed earlier, that would be great but none
> of the packages up for adoption apeal to me in anyway, nor do i actively use
> any of the listed packages. If someone would sponsor the packages i have
> already made then that would be great also.

This is the point I focused on in another message. New maintainer joins the
project with solid target. Why must they change it at once?

---
Christian Surchi                |  Debian GNU/Linux User
csurchi@mclink.it               |  http://www.debian.org
www.firenze.linux.it/~csurchi   |  Linux, the choice of a GNU generation
You will live a long, healthy, happy life and make bags of money.