Re: Out of sync mirrors

Ben Bell <bjb@deus.net> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 23, 1999 at 07:44:08PM +0100, Adrian Bridgett wrote:
> > I'd just like to say "thanks" to Phil for his site which is my #2 site.
> Likewise, though it must be taking a hammering...

It's been shifting about 7GB a day of HTTP traffic alone recently.

This is mostly because I've taken out the password restriction on the
CD images (www.uk.d.o is also cdimage.d.o) to compensate for Sunsite
being down.

Luckily its just been granted a load more bandwidth as a result of a
move from Netcom UK (who were generously giving us 0.5Mbit/s for free)
to GX Networks (www.global.net.uk) who are even more generously giving
us 10 Mbit/s.

> FTP is back again. It went down because of a hardware failure IIRC. Search
> around on www.doc.ic.ac.uk for news.

Yes, AFAIK they had a disk failure, which prompted a software &
hardware upgrade that could have gone more smoothly than it did.

Cheers, Phil.
P.S. Thanks for the Thanks, it's nice to be appreciated :-)