Anyone able to NMU imagemagick

Hello,

this is a call for help.  Several bugs are filed against
imagemagick that convert dumps core.  I ranted my bug report as
"important" because in my opinion convert is a basic tool for
any image processing work.
(Alternatively could anyone explain me how to use gimp in batchmode.
Only the programmer who coded this feature seems to know that, but
he isn't reading all the gimp related list es it seems :-(((.)

The author replied on each report (some other reports describe the
same bug) that he is avare of that problem but can't solve it at
the moment.  I'm afraid that it'll come to freeze and we have
to stay with a non-working convert.  So please if anyone deals
with this stuff and has a faster connection than mine (yesterday
I had only about 1,500kBit/s :-() do an NMU.  The maintainer has
allowed me to do that and he'll do it to anyone else I expect.

Kind regards

          Andreas.