Re: Parsing Apache log files

On Fri, Jul 16, 1999 at 10:35:48PM +0200, Piotr Roszatycki wrote:
> On 16 Jul 1999, Douglas Bates wrote:
>
> > I am running Debian 2.1 and Debian 2.2 systems serving web pages with
> > Apache.  I have been asked to provide daily summaries of the accesses
> > to a set of pages.  Are there perl modules or Java classes available
> > to parse those log files?  I checked in the list of available packages
> > and only saw references to packages like postgresql-contrib that will
> > get Apache to log to PostgreSQL.
>
> analog is standalone program but its output can be parsed by i.e. perl
> script if you turn on special "computer" output mode.

What about pwebstats? It's a perl script which parses the access.log and
generates pages with graphs etc. Well, it seems that it is non-free (not
for commercial use).

http://www.unimelb.edu.au/pwebstats/pwebstats.html

Christoph

--
* Christoph Baumann                                          *
* cbauman1@ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de                          *