Re: ITP: gettext-base

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote:

> > > No objections from me.  Sounds fine.  As a harder project (of whose
> > > worth I am uncertain): figure out how much more space could be saved
> > > by splitting the catalogs as well.
> > If the current scheme is well enough for you, please don't think of
> > splitting the catalogs. It will create additional problems on the
> > translators's side.
>
>  Why? Will these packages be sharing too many messages?

I don't know, but regardless of that, the sole fact of having to deal
with two message catalogs instead of one is something that would
generate innecesary additional work.

Anyway, the just uploaded gettext-base.deb is now 70158 bytes long. If we
are short of space in the base system, there are many more base packages
to consider which are significantly bigger than this.

Thanks.

--
 "c68093f0a057be617474d268f7c7dd3d" (a truly random sig)