Re: Postfix as default MTA?

>>>Christian Meder wrote:
 > On Mon, Jun 28, 1999 at 11:30:22AM +0200, Thomas Quinot wrote:

 > First let's put it in main and wait a few months until more developers gave
 > postfix some real world experience wrt configurability. If postfix is
 > fast that's nice but the _default_ Debian MTA should be _very_ configurable
 > too as it's used in setups ranging from dialup home systems to heavily
 > loaded mailinglist managers.

It has been tested in a loot of enviroments, I have tested it on many small
systemes (including my parttime connected laptop). Ofcource some more (a
loot?) tesing of the package has to be done, and I think we should wait
at least of a "non-snapshot" with the new licence. And in "main" stay to the
non-snatshot versions. (Not that they have more errors but some configuration
changes to much in them.) Maybe the chaning of the confgiuration alone (even
thou I have not had any problrms yet with it.) Is a reason to wait until 2.4
or something as selecting Postfix as deafult mta.

/ Balp