Re: Rumination on the new list idea, another take

On Fri, Apr 30, 1999 at 04:31:04PM +0000, Edward Betts wrote:
> > > mysql is NON-FREE software, that means it is WRONG, BAD, IRRELEVANT, BROKEN,
> > > UNUSABLE, EVIL, BUG-RIDDEN, and COUNTER-PRODUCTIVE. It must be, RMS said so.
> >
> > You obviously missed the good news about an older version of mysql being
> > GPL'd I take it?
>
> No I had not heard that. Is that ghostscript style.

More or less yeah.  I had to eat my words because when it was suggested
that someone try to convince the mysql people to do that I laughed and
said I didn't do lost causes..

Apparently it was not so lost as I thought.

<Reed> It is important to note that the primary reason the Roman Empire
       fail is that they had no concept of zero... thus they could not
       test the success or failure of their C programs.