Re: Data sets/cd's

On Thu, Apr 29, 1999 at 07:15:38PM +0200, Richard B. Kreckel wrote:

> The idea was to create another distribution like data (and maybe
> data-non-free) so that people not interested in it can easily skip it.
> (Some CD resellers or weak mirrors e.g.) Any suggetions?

I would put it not only under a different distribution, but also under a
different part of the archive:

	debian/dists/potato/main
	debian/dists/potato/contrib
	debian/dists/potato/non-free

	debian-data/dists/potato/main
	debian-data/dists/potato/contrib
	debian-data/dists/potato/non-free

the main section would contain the free data.  non-free would be non free
data and contrib would contain free data for which there aren't free tools
available.  I don't know if this last bit is a good idea -- the data _is_
free and one would be able to reverse engineer the format.

						Marcelo