Re: Caldera installation - something Debian should learn

On Sun, Apr 25, 1999 at 10:10:56PM -0400, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> Remco Blaakmeer <remco-blaakmeer@quicknet.nl> writes:
>    Ok, so show a database design that covers it all. And besides,
>    why do you think I wouldn't need to use regular expressions when
>    searching configuration data?
>
> PostgreSQL supports regular expression matching.

limited regexp functionality, and you have to know what and where
(dbname, table name and field name) you're looking for before you find
it.

Pg is cool and useful, but it's no subsitute for text files when it
comes to configuration data.

craig

--
craig sanders