Re: Register an icon for a program

> Simply because most of the programs are not associated with an
> icon per default.  For example fvwm2 would only display a rotated
> question mark if I iconify such a program.  *twm would only
> display the "Class name" in a rectangle.

The problem is that what you expect from an icon and what I expect are probably
different.

Should Xterm be an X?  Picture of a computer?  Should emacs be the Emacs GNU or
what?  Howabout LyX or GVim?  There is no good standard icon for many items.

Beyond that, implementation.

You need something like the current menus code.  If the item is there, the wm
provided scripts generates the needed settings.