Re: Draft new DFSG - r1.4

Dear Steve Greenland,

> How is this significantly different than the advertising clause? One
> says "If you base your software on my software, you must credit me".
> The other says "If you use my software for publicized work, you must
> credit me."

IMHO (as expressed before) SWI-Prolog's condition is almost an instance of the
advertising clause with two variations:

1. it is only required for certain fields of endeavor (only academics are
   required to reference :),

2. it is a restriction on the USE of the software since it applies even in
   cases where no redistribution is in question.

This is an interesting combination that should be discussed...

Cheers,
	Kristoffer

--
Kristoffer Høgsbro Rose, Ph.D., prof.associé  <Kristoffer.Rose@ENS-Lyon.FR>
Laboratoire de l'Informatique du Parallélisme  équipe PLUME, bureau LR5-026