Re: GPL does not require CVS repository of Debian sources

On Mon, Dec 21, 1998 at 12:49:12PM -0500, Steve Dunham wrote:

> But our ftp site fails to do (a).  We distribute binaries without
> source because when the source for one architecture is updated, the
> "dinstall" script deletes the old version of the source, regardless of
> whether it is still needed for the binary packages of other
> architectures.  I'm not personally advocating CVS, but rather, fixing
> dinstall to not delete source that is still in use.

I agree that dinstall ought to be modified, as well.

For me the problem is more along the lines that some archs have debs which
cannot, for one reason or another, use the latest source.  The source for
them no longer exists because of dinstall.  So they cannot rebuild
themselves if necessary!

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@complete.org |
Visit the Air Capital Linux Users Group on the web at http://www.aclug.org