Bug closing questions. Was: Re: slink bugs

Aaron Van Couwenberghe <vanco@sonic.net> writes:

> http://master.debian.org/~wakkerma/report.html. I don't know if this is
> outdated however.

Out of curiosity, because I did not see if in the policy documents,
what is the procedure for closing bugs when the package has switched
maintainers and the .deb which fixes the bug, and changes maintainer
is in Incoming, but not the archive proper?

Should I close the bug myself?  Should I ask the previous maintainer
to close the bug?  Do I need to wait until it get's into the archive
proper before I close the bug, or can I close it right now?

The guile1.3 critical bug, which I had lodged myself, is fixed with
the most recent guile-core update I did which updated guile1.3,
libguile4 and libguile4-dev.