Re: a few q's

Quoting Martin Bialasinski (martin@internet-treff.uni-koeln.de):
> >> "JR" == Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> writes:
> JR> The 022 setting is more 'user-friendly' for systems that
> JR> have groups with multiple users.
>
> Would we loose some functionality, if we change the default?

IMHO, it's less user-friendly for systems with groups that have multiple
users. If I'm in an app-dev group or somesuch, I probably _want_ the
other people in my group to be able to work on files for that group. Not
so easy if you umask is 022. But if it's 002 and the directory is sgid,
things work nicely. And since files are created with a user group by
default, it doesn't hurt anything security-wise.

Mike Stone