Re: Debian violates GPL?

bcwhite@pobox.com writes:

> Actually, the GPL states that the source code has to be available.  It
> doesn't actually say it has to be on an FTP site or on CD, so long as
> we could point to the original source elsewhere or send it to whoever
> were to ask.

Yes, but the source code has to remain available.  If we continue to
distribute an old release of certain source code, the matching source
code may not remain available at the original site.  It would be
replaced with the new improved version.  I believe that situation
*would* violate the GPL.

--
Kevin Dalley
kevind@rahul.net