Re: debian list summaries

"Josip Rodin" <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> writes:

> On 14.12.1998., at 12:02, Martin Schulze wrote:
>
> >Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> >> I am wondering, if there is somewhere a comprehensive Debian lists
> >> summary report. Something like the Debian section of http://lwn.net
> >> but more comprehensive. I am sure there are many people, who would
> >> like to read news about their distribution, but have not the time or
> >> bandwidth ro read the 20+ follow-up article threads in debian-devel or
> >> debian-whatsoever.
> >
> >I don't know about lwn but we have debian-announce and debian-news
> >which cover news about debian.  There is also debian-devel-announce
> >but I can't say what it is/was used for and when it was last used.
> >
> >If you want to receive more information, could you summarize the issues
> >you would like to be informed?  Maybe something could be arranged.
>
> Maybe we could arrange that somebody occassionally (every week
> or so) posts to debian-devel-announce some important messages
> or collections of messages (in one) that describe current talks on
> debian-devel. For example, some collected information (quotes)
> from current discussion about project leader candidates. Or a
> tip about someone uploading packages for stable distribution.
> Or a revision of the stable distribution, etc, etc...

 (snip)
> And yes, I volunteer.

Many thanks for the mention of the Linux Weekly News (lwn).
Whatever you provide, we'll be happy to provide pointers to
it, much as we do for the mentioned Python-URL! and Tcl-URL!
monthly newsletters.  They do an excellent job of covering
topics in-depth that we only have the time to skim.

Take care!

Liz Coolbaugh (for the LWN team)
cool@lwn.net
http://lwn.net