Re: DPLs : what do you think about ...

On Wed, Dec 16, 1998 at 06:45:43PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > The xperimental section is there and it does work, however many of the
> > packages in it are out of date and they aren't even useful anymore
> > because for example what was in there has been incorporated with the
> > version in the actual archive or other things like that.  The packages
> > just seem to sit there, forgotten.  <sniffle>  The poor lost packages get
> > lonely and feel neglected.
>
> Just as they would on a web page, which was your proposal.

Hes, but on a web page the maintainer of the web page would clean them
up.  On forther thought web pages would not work to fix the problem in
the manner I would hope it would simply because this would require you to
be an irc person or active on lists or whatever to find out it's there.

So I still think experimental is not an optimal way to handle things, but
at this time I don't have a better idea.  =>

--
"Yours, if you can get it to work."  -- Judge Dredd