Re: DPLs : what do you think about ...

On Wed, Dec 16, 1998 at 10:10:24AM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> > > Why change it? It works as is.
> >
> > You have missed the huge bandwidth usage complaints when we go and move
> > directories of several gigs around?  It may work after about a week for
> > all the mirrors to catch up, but it's not very nice to those who pay by
> > the byte.
>
> When was the last time project/experimental moved?

Um, I think I ended up replying to a differend message when I should have
been replying to this one or something..  Oops.  =p  Email at 5 am after
not sleeping is not a safe thing.

The xperimental section is there and it does work, however many of the
packages in it are out of date and they aren't even useful anymore
because for example what was in there has been incorporated with the
version in the actual archive or other things like that.  The packages
just seem to sit there, forgotten.  <sniffle>  The poor lost packages get
lonely and feel neglected.

;>

--
"Shall we play a game?"  -- WOPR