Re: Release-critical Bugreport for December 13, 1998

Oscar Levi wrote:
> I read the report.  There is a loss of data if the developer deletes
> it himself.  I don't see why this buggy script should hold back slink.
> It has 21 outstanding bugs.  The STOR failure appears in another bug
> that is years old, no exaggeration.  The author has abandoned it and
> so should we.

That a bit harsh since Heiko has been updating it and fixing old bugs as
recently as 2 weeks ago.

Also, it's the only tool we have to automate package uploads and it saves
developers a lot of time. It has all these bugs because, like dpkg, it is an
important debian tool that lots of people use and find bugs in.

--
see shy jo