Re: Configuration Management - Let's start

On Thu, Dec 10, 1998 at 04:56:20PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> We've been discussing the configuration management for a while now.
> I think it is about time we slowly begin moving towards working out
> the final details and start some coding. For now this would mean
> creating a new mailinglist to work these out, and from that start a
> team to do the work.
>
> Anyone agree?

Sure.

I have begun some work on this that may not be what you are intending,
but is the importants step from the perspective of professional
systems administration.  I'm looking at the problem as how do we get
from here to there.  In the near term, I want to integrate CVS into
configuration management so we can log and control changes.  I am
happy to share what I have already done.

Start a list and we can continue this discussion there.