Re: huge lists

On Wed, Oct 21, 1998 at 08:11:53AM -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Oct 1998 19:32:17 +1000, Tyson Dowd wrote:
>
> >Their ISP usually.
>
>     Then they should change.  It is that simple.

Really?

Show me a german ISP that will allow this near Bochum (where I live).
Then try the same with Greetsiel (where my mother would like to live).

Or, alternatively, show me a 24x7 connection for under
1000$ US per month.

Although America has the biggest share in the Debian user base,
we have users in europe (germany, france, spain, italy, poland,
great britain), japan, china, russia, australia, africa and many
other countries (I only counted those I know people using Debian from).

In most of these countries, you do not even get local calls for free.
Debian is a world wide project and solution. We have to take care
of all of them.

Marcus
thing global, act local.