Re: FWD: Re: Linus is on a powertrip..

Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> wrote:
> This is from the linux kernel mailing list. I find it pretty completly sums
> op my thoughts on all the new constitution and voting and policy voting
> stuff that we've been setting up. I haven't been vocal about this, but I
> think we've been moving in the wrong direction.

Perhaps.

Remember that a lot of the focus on debian is still: the individual
developer does the development.  Debian as a whole doesn't *do*
development, we do testing and coordination.

But probably this is meaningful for projects like dpkg.

> Of course, this came up on linux kernel because Linus is showing signs of
> burnout - just like Bruce burnt out. The benevolent dicator system isn't
> perfect.

Of course, Linus is now a father and has a full-time job. The demands
of which are likely to reduce his sense of humor for people saying that
it's too much work to send him a patch when he's getting so many that a
number of them drop on the floor, and even those that don't may sit in
his queue for a while.

--
Raul