Re: Freeze in 7 days??? (was Re: perl version depends)

> > 1) Don't we have to recompile all our ncurses-based apps against 4.2?
>
> If we want all the ncurses-based apps to use the same version of ncurses,
> yes. I'm not sure if we have to, though if I were the release manager, I
> wouldn't release 2.1 before all ncurses-based apps used the same version.
>
> > 2) Are we really going to freeze slink in 7 days?
>
> Yes.
>
> > I see that 1) and 2) don't mix very well.
>
> That depends on what type of changes the release manager will accept into
> frozen. Brian, could you please state what your plans in this regard are?

The general guideline for "frozen" is:

	no new code

A recompile with a new package is fine.  Fixes to make something work with
a change in another package is also fine.

Please refrain from making changes to ncurses, though, once the freeze
begins.  It's unfair to ask people to continually recompile because
of this.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )

       Touch passion when it comes your way.  It's rare enough as it is;
       don't walk away when it calls you by name.  -- Marcus (Babylon 5)