Re: [RFC] Exim as standard Debian MTA?

On Aug 28, Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com> wrote:

 >My favorite is exim, because it is very configurable.  Vmailer is
 >quite limited once you try to go beyond a simple configuration.
As our standard MTA I think we need something simple.
And I don't think vmailer is *so* limited: it can do virtual domains,
envelope sender and From masquerading and UUCP. What do a normal site
needs other than that?

exim (like smail) is *difficult* to configure and has a lot of features
not usually needed on workstations and most servers.

--
ciao,
Marco