Re: SSH v2 License --- much less free than v1

David Welton <davidw@gate.cks.com> wrote:
> Offhand, I really don't see a big difference from v1.

> Similarly, a consultant may freely install this
> software on a client's machine for his own use, but if he/she sells
> the client a system that uses SSH as a component, a separate license
> is required.

I've always assumed that bit meant that I could use ssh for remote
administration of my client's machines, although that might be open to
interpretation.

Even so, let's take the case of me logging in to my machine for the purpose of
maintaining the www.uk.debian.org web server.

Under the old licence, that seems OK to me.

Under the new license the definition of commercial probably catches this,
since the machines at both ends of the ssh connection belong to my business,
which does pay my wages.

Cheers, Phil.