Re: Naming of new 2.0 release

At least one CD vendor (LSL) is now shipping Debian on CDR to overcome
the 'dead stock' problem.  They charge double for the CDR's over the
'silver' disks (but still cheap at $3.95 US).

  I recall that in the past cheapbytes pressed an 'update' cd for
1.3.1 that, together with an older disk which otherwise would have
been deadstock, comprised a current snapshot.  I guess that the
differences between 2.0 and 2.0.whatevercomesnext would not fit on a
single floppy, but could be burned on a CDR (for about the same price
as a floppy considering labor).  Consideration should be made for
update images which 'patch' an older CD image thus avoiding the dead
stock issue.