Re: wish were packages: elk and majorcool

On Thu, Aug 20, 1998 at 01:18:12PM -0400, Adam P. Harris wrote:

> Elk:  <URL:http://www-rn.informatik.uni-bremen.de/software/elk/>
>
> Used by the 'dsc' package, it's an embedded scheme system.  Looks
> nice.  'dsc' is building it's own version of elk as part of itself but
> this is unsatisfactory to say the least.  Used by some other stuff
> too.  Maybe a scheme head could pick this up.  License: DFSG ok.

Package: elk
Section: devel
Installed-Size: 1076
Maintainer: Enrique Zanardi <ezanardi@molec1.dfis.ull.es>
Architecture: i386
Version: 3.0-4
Depends: libc6, libelfg0
Filename: dists/stable/main/binary-i386/devel/elk_3.0-4.deb
Size: 340164
MD5sum: 33d6754b799483402a1e212746a370de
 Elk is an implementation of the Scheme programming language,
 designed specifically as an embeddable, reusable extension
 language subsystem for applications written in C or C++.
 .
 Elk is also useful as a stand-alone Scheme implementation.

IIRC, it was one of my first Debian packages, back in 1996. I'm not a Scheme
expert, but another one of my packages (sced) used elk, so I packaged it too.

	Thanks,
--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es