Re: Where is the ttyS/!cua documented?

Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:

>  Where is it documented why Debian uses ttyS* rather than cua*?  I
>  found only the one sentence in the Debian Policy Manual.  I think
>  that there should be more explanation as to why we do this in the
>  Policy Manual.

This is documented in several places, use ttyS* and ignore cua*.  If
you have mgetty installed you can read
 /usr/doc/mgetty-docs/ttyS-cua.txt which includes an email from
Theodore Y. Ts'o who was the serial port programmer and explains the sad
history about cua*  I have seen this email in other places too.

  - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ, PGP: AD 8D D8 63 6E BF C3 C7  47 41 B1 A2 1F 46 EC 90
|@work: csmall@scooter.o.i.net,            @play: vk2xlz@vk2xlz.ampr.org|