----- Forwarded message from root@digitalco.com -----

>From root@digitalco.com  Tue Aug 18 01:05:45 1998
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 21:23:42 -0700
From: root@digitalco.com
To: webmaster@debian.org

To whom it may concern:

I represent the Linux Foundation which is a non profit organization
designed to help the integration of Linux into the business community. We
are in the process of designing a Linux certification program similar
to the ones offered by Microsoft and Novell.
We would be interested in partnering with Debian. Specifically we would be
interested having a non-exclusive mutual linking agreement between your
vendor page, and our soon to be unveiled partner page. In addition to
the link on the partner page we are also interested in purchasing
advertising on your main homepage.

Currently we have two certifications planned the Certified Linux
Administrator (CLA), and the Certified Linux Professional (CLP). If as
a condition of your partnering agreement you would like to review these
tests prior to the release that can be arranged.

In addition we would be interested in working with your company to develop
a Master Certified Linux Engineer (MCLE) on Debian Linux. This would
be a separate test administered by Sylvan Prometric which we would design
for your company free of charge. Depending on the level of participation
Debian would provide, we could also arrange financial compensation.

We at the Linux Foundation believe that developing metrics for companies
to use when selecting qualified personnel is a major step in the
integration of Linux into the business community.

Thank you for your time,

-Brian Horakh
CNE, MCSE, CCNP

You can read more about or product and plans at
http://www.linuxfoundation.org

----- End of forwarded message from root@digitalco.com -----