Re: Using Debian GNU/Linux as base for commercial linux

On Tue, 18 Aug 1998 03:06:26 +0200, Matjaz Skraba <skraba@mail.org>
wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I was told that Debian GNU/Linux is encouraged to be used as a base for a
>commercial linux distributions. Is there any documentation needed for us to
>start working on such a project and if so, could someone direct me to the
>right person.
>This would be commercial, national-customized distribution.

Unknown to most developers, there is already a commercial distribution
for m68k made by Eagle, which is basically standard Debian with new
installation routines. I think their web adress is www.eagle-cp.com.

The most important things to watch out for is to have source available
if a package requires it (most do, see the GPL for exact conditions),
and to check packages in non-free whether they might be included on a
CD.

	Falk