Re: Poor Man's XT doc (pre-releace)

In article <[🔎] 19980815004253.A2858@gis.net> you write:
>well the XTerminal itself has no need to write to anythin gbut /tmp ...
>in this minimal setup /var can even be ro (noone EVER logs into the Xtermin=
>al
>in fact...it is NOT running any network services AND it has NO gettys=20
>running)

Sounds great!

>All administration (dpkg/apt etc...) is done in a chroot'd environment=20
>on the host machine

I suspect that this won't work if the host architecture is different.
It shouldn't be hard though to mount the root partition as RW on
another computer with the desired archicture.

One question that comes to mind: How do you handle mail? By default
crond send mail whenever a cron job generates output. You may not need
cron though, in which case this isn't an issue.

Do you need /etc/hostname?