Re: Copyright from the lcs-projekt!? [dwarf@polaris.net: Re: First cut at testing and validation]

On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 13, 1998 at 03:47:50PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >  >> From the beginning of the discussion on debian-policy, and now here,
> >  Marcus> I heard from you that people have knee-jerk reactions and are now even
> >  Marcus> stupid, just because they have a different opinion on what belongs to
> >  Marcus> Debian than you.
> >
> > 	Did I say that? I said "I am hearing knee jerk reactions". No
> >  attribution. And I am getting knee jerk reactions. Did I say people
> >  who disagree with me are stupid? No. I said "Personally, I think it
> >  would be inconcievably stupid of Debian not to have this document, as
> >  well as the other immutable documents (like the FSSTND, FHS, and the
> >  GPL) in main.". If you do not see a difference, I suggest you take a
> >  refresher course in the English language.
>
> Debian is a word, it can't be stupid. Only people can be stupid, so you are
> implying that those people who favour to have the FHS and other
> non-modificable standard documents out of the main distribution want to make
> a stupid decision. How else should your words be read?

Well, I read it to mean that the idea is stupid. There is such a thing as
a stupid idea, and it doesn't require a stupid person to have one. I have
stupid ideas all the time ;-)

> >  Marcus> This is highly annoying,
> >
> > 	As are your feeble attempts at censorship.
>
> Your ability to twist my words is unreached.

You are both doing an admirable job in that respect. Has it moved either
idea forward? Tangles over wording are always a diversion from the real
issues, so, let's not get diverted, ok?

"Once you start throwing dirt, you begin loosing ground."

Luck,

Dwarf