Re: Kernel Recompile

>I am not sure if I am getting you right. The lib/modules gets properly
>compiled... but /etc/modules which are written when I install the base kernel
>doesn't get cleared up. So it tries to load psaux driver after I compiled
>support into the kernel. I did do make-kpkg and it also doesn't clear
>/etc/modules.

  If you install a new version of the kernel with the psaux driver compiled in
then you'll get a harmless error message from modprobe.

  Make-kpkg doesn't clear anything, it makes a .deb file.  When you install
the .deb file it will replace the old one and cause removal of the old
modules, which may result in a harmless error message from modprobe.

---
I'm an independant computer consultant.  I prefer to do Linux administration
and programming.  OS/2 programming is also fun, and I do sometimes do NT
programming.  I mainly do C++ programming, but would like to get into Java.
This should satisfy the curiosity of those on SERVER-LINUX.