dpkb-buildpackage errors

	Anybody knows why dpkg-buildpackage jumps with a:

root@hades:/tmp/hello/hello-1.3# dpkg-buildpackage
no utmp entry available, using value of LOGNAME ("root") at /usr/lib/dpkg/controllib.pl line
16.
parsechangelog/debian: error: unable to open substvars file debian/substvars: No existe el
fichero o el directorio
dpkg-buildpackage: cannot determine name of current package

	I may have missed some policy modifications, but I am surprised to see that
hello (hamm's) doesn't work with dpkg-dev.
	It seems dpkb-buildpacakge tries to find debian/substvars and it dies when
it doesn't, I though this file was optional.

	Suggestions? Comments??

	Javi