Re: Boot Disks

Lindsay Allen <allen@cleo.murdoch.edu.au> writes:
> May I suggest that you forward your message upstream to either the kernel
> people or those who do the drivers.  It is downright embarrasing to have
> our favourite OS not be able to read a floppy reliably.

     Actually, my points were that almost all of the failures I have
observed were in reading the rescue disk (which AFIK is read by the
BIOS drivers), and that the failures were truly random, and that new
disks performed no better than used ones.  The previous message, from
Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>, I believe, made the
suggestion that the Linux drivers were the source of the problem.

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@flinet.com>